Mark Eric Elton is an author, illustrator, and multimedia artist who lives and works in Moorhead, Minn. Professional experience includes project management, concept design, art direction, and consultancy for publication in film and web.
Outside of art, Mark likes to challenge himself in any way possible, and participates in various foot races, inline skate marathons, obstacle courses, novel writing, solving puzzles, and gallery shows.
- Inventive Multimedia, Puzzle, and Game Design.
- Accomplished artist in both 2D and 3D media, including but not limited to:
- Digital Painting
- Creative Writing
- Leadership ability to successfully manage an extraordinary team of employees and coworkers.
- Creative problem-solver with a dedication towards functional solutions.
- Productive, dependable, goal-oriented worker with ability to pick up new skills as needed.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Access, HTML, CSS, Visual Basic, and Construct 2.
- Self-Employed as Illustrator and Creative Consultant – 2007 to Present
- Assisting clients in producing necessary content for various projects. Tasks included writing, illustration, and design.
- Puzzlemaster for Puzzled Escape Rooms – 2017 to Present
- Conception, design, and production of puzzles for marketing and promotional efforts. Maintenance and supervision for Escape Rooms.
- Project Manager – Web Content, Concordia Language Villages – 2010 to 2015
- Manage employees, write and edit content for web and print, manage lists of contacts and prospects, manage various publications and print pieces, manage campaigns, manage Facebook ads, other tasks as needed.
- Supervisor for the Fargo Theatre – 2009 to 2010
- Supervised employees, designed merchandise, managed registers and deposits, built and tore down prints, managed customer relations.
Museum & Gallery Shows
- Menagerie II, The Rourke Art Museum, July 2018
- Menagerie, The Rourke Art Museum, March 2016
- Holiday Spirits, Franklin Arts Center Resident Artists Gallery, December 2014
- Paper (Ex)Change, Echo Arts, May 2013
- Between the Lines, Altered Esthetics, March 2012
Conventions & Group Shows
- APT Holiday Market, December 2017 – January 2018
- Holiday Market, The Rourke Art Museum, December 2017
- ValleyCon 43, October 2017
- MetaCon, September 2017
- Anime Fargo: Festival of Spirits, August 2017
- MN PokeCon (Featured Artist), August 2017
- CoreCon IX: Monsters vs. Mechs, June 2017
- FM ComiCon, February 2017
- Studio Ghibli @ The Guild, Gallery at the Guild, December 2016
- Holiday Market, The Rourke Art Museum, December 2016
- MN PokeCon, October 2016
- ValleyCon 42, October 2016
- MSP Fall Comicon, October 2016
- Anime Fargo: Kawaii Invasion, September 2016
- KW Super Smash Bros. Gallery, The Adventurer’s Guild, July 2016
- 57th Midwestern, June 2016
- CoreCon VIII: On Ancient Seas, June 2016
- Printmaker’s Sale at the Rourke, May 2016
Press & Publication:
- “Rourke Art Museum hosts masquerade reception for Art Ghoullery exhibit Friday” by Chelsey Ewen, The Arts Partnership, 25 Oct, 2018
- “Cozy up to these fun fall events” by John Lamb, The Forum, 25 Oct, 2018
- “‘Art Ghoullery’ Brings Out All the Halloween Stops this Season” by Danielle Church, KVRR, 7 Oct, 2018
- “Local Artist Puts Spotlight on Red River Zoo Animals in New Exhibit” by Danielle Church, KVRR, 1 July, 2018
- “Digital Painter Mark Elton Opens Sequel Exhibit Of Animal Portraits At The Rourke” by Chelsea Ewen, 28 June, 2018
- ‘Zoo-Inspired Art With Artist Mark Elton” (Television Interview) by Adam Ladwig, KVRR, 26 June, 2018
- “Pumpkin” as seen in “Episode VIII: The Return of Peel + Stick” by Taylor Klimek, 6 June, 2018
- “Art is all over Fargo-Moorhead this weekend with…an interesting look at unseen animals…” by John Lamb, 31 May, 2018
- Uncredited Illustration as seen in “Film Lover’s Paradise: Fargo Film Festival 2018” by Brittney Goodman, 14 March, 2018
- “FFF18 Debuts Program Cover Art by Mark Elton”, Fargo Film Festival, 16 Jan. 2018
- “Skeleton Parade” as seen in “It’s Not Easy Being Green” by Sabrina Hornung, High Plains Reader, 25 Oct. 2017
- “Beyond the Book #5” (Television Interview) with Elizabeth Riply, QCTV, 20 Sept. 2017 (Interview starts at 14:20)
- “Local Artist’s New Picture Book Highlights Lesser-Known Animals” (Television Interview) by Adam Ladwig, KVRR, 16 June, 2017
- “Trick or Treaters” as seen in “Trumpeteers.” by John Strand, High Plains Reader, 27 Oct. 2016
- “A Menagerie of Art” (Interview & Illustration) by Sabrina Hornung, High Plains Reader, 3 Mar. 2016
- Illustration + Character Design
- Mold-making + Casting
- Multimedia Design
- Game Design + Playtesting
- Logo + Prop Design for short film A Chicken Named Harry
- Art Director for short film Quantum Connection
- Art Direction for short film Chronos
- Art Director for short film Aphasia
- Specialization Certificate in Game Design: Art and Concepts, by California Institute of the Arts, 2016
- Certificate in Character Design for Video Games by California Institute of the Arts, 2016
- Certificate in World Design for Video Games by California Institute of the Arts, 2016
- Certificate in Story and Narrative Development for Video Games by California Institute of the Arts, 2016
- Certificate in Introduction to Game Design by California Institute of the Arts, 2016
- Certificate in Gamification from University of Pennsylvania, 2012
- BA in English Writing from Concordia College, Moorhead, MN, 2007
- BA in Studio Art from Concordia College, Moorhead, MN, 2007